One Of Those Days

One thing about me, I won't let anything get in the way of our goal here. We've had a lot of bad things happen that I could have let destroy the dream.

But I refused to let that happen. And I refuse to ever let that happen.

Right now I'm 31 years old and I'm living with my parents. It's not easy living with my parents - for either of us. I try to keep that in mind when I get annoyed by things. It's so easy to say "poor us" on bad days. But I can't imagine what it's like for my parents to never live alone.

Every parent thinks about that day - the day their children turn 18 and leave the house. No one ever really thinks about the day those children come back - especially when those children are 31 years old.

It's a tough dynamic.

Some days I feel like I'm losing my mind. It's really hard to have a fight. It's really hard to be a frustrated parent. It's really hard to have a bad day. But it's harder to hear my parents gripe about things. And it's especially hard to not feel like a burden when they gripe about things. I also really hate it when they take out their frustration with Mr. Romance or my kids out on me.

I feel like I should always be thankful for what they do for us, but there are days that are really hard to be thankful. It's not that I won't always be thankful for giving us a roof over our head and food on the table. You have no idea how much I appreciate that. This is something I can probably never repay.

But there are days no one has anything nice to say. Those days are really hard to get through. Today was one of those days.

"And the side you'll never get to see is the part I keep from everyone."
The Frames

0 comments:

Post a Comment