To A Good Cause

Don't worry. I haven't given up on this blog either. I've just had a lot of stuff going on in my life that I just can't go public about. Yet, that's all that my mind can focus on and I haven't been able to write about anything else. Here's the best I can muster up right now.

Another thing you should know about me is my love for thrift shops. I can't walk out of a thrift shop without a major good deal. The other day, my mom hooked me up with some money and let me go to all of my favorite shops. I found soooo many treasures and for super cheap. My desk is now decorated with some flowers held by a white clay pitcher and a little ceramic owl keeps me company and tells me with his eyes that he's on my side. I'm currently sitting on my new computer chair. It's probably an old (see: vintage) kitchen chair, but it swivels, so I'm counting it as my new computer chair - and was less than $3. Pretty soon, I'll have my new amazingly framed Monet reproduction hanging above the desk, too.

Other treasures include a new leather travel bag for $3 (which is way more impressive in person than how I could describe it), another small quilt blanket (.99), a wooden chair ($7), and even a couple of free CDs (Toad The Wet Sprocket and Counting Crows - because the volunteer cashier said were "scratched" and "might not work"). Took them home and they do work! I also picked up a Frankoma dish in the shape of Oklahoma. To anyone who doesn't live in Oklahoma, you may not have heard of Frankoma, but it's amazing pottery made right here in OK. My love for it runs deep. I grew up having my meals served on Frankoma. Of course, I picked up a lot of other things, but that's just what is sitting near me that I can remember picking up that day. The week before, I scored a paper bag full of clothes and jackets for just $10. There are several things that were worth over $10 individually, so that was great.

My favorite part about thrift shopping? The charities/non-profits. Every purchase I make goes to a good cause.


"One part of me just wants to tell you everything.
One part just needs the quiet."
-Toad The Wet Sprocket

0 comments:

Post a Comment